Acne is a chronic skin disease of infection in the hair follicles of the face, chest, neck, shoulders, and back. It occurs commonly in all teenagers and some adults during their puberty period. It happens due to infection in tiny pores of skin generally due to sweating and other air pollution sources. The dirt accumulates in the Sebaceous glands and causes acne.
Acne is found in several types depending on the place and reason for formation. About 85% of human beings between the ages of 12 and 24 experience pimples. Globally, acne influences approximately 650 million human beings and about 90% of human beings are in their teenage years, however, it can occur earlier than youth and might persist into adulthood. It impacts approx 54% of women and 40% of boys older than 25 years of age.
The Causes of Acne
One of the most basic reasons for Acne is the excessive secretion of oil from Sebaceous Glands in the skin. This oil when combines with the dust and bacteria it causes Acne. Even the Menstruation cycle has a deep relation with Acne. Sometimes, delay in Menstruation also causes the formation of small acne on the forehead and cheeks.
Besides, the above-mentioned reasons there are several other reasons for Acne. Some major reasons are:-
– A medication that contains high androgen, barbiturates, corticosteroids, and lithium.
– Birth control pills.
– Cosmetics that are too much greasy.
– Hormonal changes during mensuration in women.
– Mental stress cannot cause acne but if you have acne earlier than stress may make it worse.
– A diet that is rich in refined sugars or carbohydrates, fats and oil.
– Exposure to a highly polluted environment.
– Too much dandruff on the scalp.
– Use of dirty or rusted razors also at risk of developing acne.
– Touching or piercing the pimples of other persons.
Treatment For Prevention / Cure of Acne
The best way for Acne treatment is to consult your Dermatologist timely because it’s only he, who can diagnose and cure the main cause of acne. Acne is curable if the ’cause’ is diagnosed timely. Even the acne scars are treatable. Maintaining the basic hygiene of cleanliness can also control the formation of Acne.