Are you fed up of constantly waxing or shaving to get rid of unwanted body hair or facial hair; then probably you are already considering laser hair removal. Laser hair removal is the most lasting solution for hair removal. It is more effective than waxing and shaving.
- The most common areas for laser hair removal are the underarms, arms, lips, back, checks, legs and bikini line. Laser hair removal takes more time and is costlier for larger body areas than for smaller areas.
- Depending on the body part and hair and skin color, it generally takes between 6 to 8 sessions of laser hair removal to fully get rid of unwanted hair.
- There are very few side effects of laser hair removal for men/women. The most common is that the body part where the laser hair removal is performed can be a bit sore and swollen for between a few minutes and a few hours. In some cases, the skin can also get dark or light. Effects like scarring or blistering or changes in the texture of the skin because of laser hair removal are very uncommon. Side effects caused due to wrong or incorrect settings can be decreased by ensuring that the clinic you choose for the hair removal is registered and approved to give the treatment.
- Make sure to do some research before making an appointment. Find an experienced and qualified laser hair removal practitioner and ensure that the clinic is regulated. The cheapest clinic may not be regulated or deliver the best results.
- Before getting the treatment, book a consultation with the laser hair removal expert. During the consultation the doctor will ask about your medical history, check your hair and skin type to find out how the treatment will respond on your body.
- Before your laser hair removal treatment, you will need to ensure that you follow the advice of the expert. This advice will include things like: avoid waxing or bleaching the area to be treated, fake tan and sunbathing and avoid sun beds for several weeks before treatment.
- Laser hair removal works by passing a laser beam through the skin to the hair follicles where there is hair growth. The heat from the laser damages the follicle and thus stops hair growth. There is usually a cooling device fitted to the laser handset to cool the skin down. It generally takes many sessions to get rid of all unwanted hair, as hair has many phases of growth.
For hair removal for men and women, feel free to contact Dr. Meet’s Clinic.