Hair fall or hair loss is a common phenomenon among men and women and it affects people at some point in their lives. Some people face hair fall due to breakage of the hair shaft while some face hair loss issue due to reduced hair growth. The reason for some people’s hair loss is stress while for some; the lifestyle changes can bring hair loss. The hair fall solutions for different people depend on the cause of hair loss.
So are the causes, treatment options and preventive measures for hair loss:
Causes of Hair Loss
Finding the exact cause of hair loss is quite complex as there are ample of causes for hair loss. Here are the certain reasons for hair loss:
- One of the most common causes of hair loss is poor diet. The diet or nutrition you consume can have a vital effect on your scalp. if you do not consume proper nutrients, the scalp will not nourish that can lead to hair fall or hair loss
- Aging is another reason for hair loss. When people enter their 30’s or 40’s it is common for them to suffer from hair loss. Increased hair fall or thinning of hair is due to aging and there are ample of hair fall solutions caused due to aging
- Hormonal changes or genetic factors also play an important role in hair fall. Puberty, menopause, pregnancy can have a vital effect on hair while causing hair loss
- Iron deficiency also known as anaemia is a prominent cause of hair loss. People suffering from anaemia, protein deficiency, emotional stress or any internal disease can also suffer from hair loss
- One of the common causes of hair loss is alopecia in which, a specific area of the scalp becomes completely bald. This can affect a little portion of the scalp to half of the scalp
Treatment Options for Hair Fall
There are ample of hair fall solutions ranging from medications to hair transplant. The people, who cannot afford hair transplant cost, can choose different treatment options to treat their hair loss issue.
- Medications are available for treating hair loss problems. There are ample of medications like Topical Minoxidil, Topical Corticosteroids etc that can prevent hair loss and help grow new hair follicles.
- The medications are available in gel, oil spray and foam form. You can apply it on your scalp to prevent hair loss and improve hair growth
- For serious hair loss caused due to alopecia or any other medical problem, there are surgical and non surgical hair transplant treatments. The hair transplant cost is higher than other treatment options but offers great value compared to its cost
How to Prevent Hair Loss
Prevention of hair loss depends on the cause of hair loss. In general, maintaining a good hygiene and taking proper diet can help. Regular shampooing, conditioning, taking good nutrition, consuming proper amount of iron and protein etc can help prevent hair loss. One of the effective hair loss solutions is following a regular hair care routine.