Dandruff is the dead skin, which is shredded by the skin naturally every month. This shedding of the skin is a natural cycle and it happens in every human being. It becomes ‘Dandruff’. when there is a bacterial infection on the scalp due to sweating or oily secretions. Due to infection, these skin particles stick to each other and form lumps which are then easily visible from naked eyes. If more than 500-600 cells stick to each other then they are easily visible in the form of dandruff flakes.
There are several medical and non-medical causes of Dandruff:-
Medical Condition Causes For Dandruff
1. Sensitivity to certain chemicals used in shampoo and conditioners.
2. A yeast-like fungus named Malassezia breeds and feeds on the scalp of adults.
3. Diseases like Psoriasis and Eczema are also major causes of Dandruff, or a prolonged psoriasis treatment also leads to Dandruff.
4. Generic predisposition also causes it to multiply and feed.
Non-Medical Condition Causes For Dandruff
1. Increased stress level.
2. Living in unhygienic conditions.
3. Improper shampooing and leaving the dirt and oil in the hair. It causes more irritation and gives a proper environment to the fungus to multiply.
4. Using uncleaned or infected combs and hair-brushes.
5. The improper and unbalanced diet increases the chances of dandruff.
There are several easy to implement home remedies to cure Dandruff in the primary stages. prolonged Dandruff could lead to hair-loss and then you need to meet a Dermatologist for hair loss treatment
1. Baking Soda
It is one the best home remedy to control Dandruff. You just need to rub baking soda on your moist scalp and rinse off after some time. It leaves the skin drier but sooner the skin starts to secreting its natural oil to maintain the moisture and glow in the hair.
Crush two-three Aspirin, which bare easily available in the market and add to your shampoo. Rinse off after 5-10 minutes of massaging. This not only removes dandruff but also gives a natural bounce to your hair. The Salicylic acid present in Aspirin helps to control Dandruff.
A bowl of yogurt, when massaged in hair-roots regularly, is like a bowl full of nutrients and diet for your hair. It nourishes your hair and enhances their growth and quality.
4. Fuller’s Earth
Fullers Earth or commonly known as Multani Mitti is a very good conditioner for damaged hair. It has to be soaked overnight in water before application. It has to be applied like henna on hair and light shampooing afterwards.
Lemon helps in cleansing and closing of open pores on the scalp. It tightens the skin and helps reduce infection and excessive oil secretion. A two-three spoon of lemon juice is enough to nourish the scalp. this should be shampooed after 15-20 minutes.