Skin pigmentation is one of the common issues women and men face on regular basis. It’s our body’s natural response towards sunlight, weather changes and changes in the diet. Hyperpigmentation can be caused due to overexposure to sun, stress, dietary changes, pollution etc and it can hide the beautiful glow of your skin. Skin whitening by peel is one of the prominent methods to lighten the skin colour in which de-pigmentation materials and anti-ageing agents are used.
How does skin whitening by peel works:
On the basis of the intensity of hyperpigmentation, the solutions are decided. Skin whitening by peel is a method in which controlled chemical dermabrasion is performed. The layer of dermabrasion is applied over the skin which targets the dull, dry and dead skin cells. This effectively lightens the dark and lifeless skin. This same process does also rejuvenate the skin by producing new skin cells. Due to this method, the light, fresh and glorious skin is formed as the collagen fibre is regenerated. The skin gets softer, fuller and radiant. At a certain level, it inhibits the production of melanin which directly leads to skin whitening.
What to expect from skin whitening by peel:
When you undergo this procedure, you can expect fresh, light and glowing skin. You can notice the visible difference in the hyperpigmented areas as the outcome of the treatment. your age spots will fade away, fine lines will fade too. your skin will look toned, radiant and fluffy. The patches will fade away making your skin look fresh and even toned. This treatment also reduces oiliness and patchiness while promoting luminescent look and a breathtaking glow.
What measures you have to take before the treatment?
When you undergo any process that affects your skin, there are several precautions your dermatologist will advise you to follow. For undergoing skin whitening by peel, you have to take some precautions that are:
- You should not have been using Accutane for at least 6 months before the procedure. This is a must for all the patients
- You have to avoid any kind of exposure from the Sun for at least 14 days before undergoing the treatment
- You must avoid Retinol as well as Vitamin A for 3 days before treatment
- You will also have to take the anti-inflammatory drugs or medication your dermatologist provides
What is the post-treatment care?
After undergoing the treatment, there are several measures you have to take as per the advice of your dermatologist. Here are the things you need to consider:
- For at least 12 hours of the procedure, do not wash your face with water or anything
- After 12 hours, you can use a gentle face wash to clean your face
- If you feel itchiness, redness, pain or irritation, splash cold water for relief
- For 2 weeks post-treatment, do not use the products containing Retinol or AHA
- Avoid any cosmetic treatments like dyeing, perm or chemical peels
- Use the sun blocks with SPF 50 or higher for making your skin whitening by Peel Treatment more effective.