Warts are provoked by various strains of human papillomaviruses (viruses which causes warts). Various strains may cause warts in various parts of the body. Warts can be spread from one area on the body to another or from person to person by contact with the wart.
The body areas where warts appear are as follow:
- Warts on hands which is a very common phenomenon.
- Flat warts which appear on the face and forehead.
- Genital warts.
- Plantar warts which usually found on the bottoms of the feet.
- Warts under or around the fingernails and toenails.
Treatment for Warts Removal
Oftenly, warts may disappear by their own but it takes many years to go away. The treatment of warts is essential because common warts can bleed and painful. You may feel embarrassed if they grow on your face. When you take treatment, most importantly it diminishes the possibility of spreading to other areas of your body or to other people.
It is highly advised that don’t try home medications or over-the-counter drugs to eliminate warts on the genital area because you could hurt your genital area but if you want to remove warts by your own, then it is recommended to take help from a proficient doctor for warts removal treatment.
Following are the treatments for warts removal:
- You can apply salicylic acid for the treatment of warts on hands, feet or knees. After taking bath, tap your skin lightly with a towel and put salicylic acid on your warts. The acid soaks in deeper and works better when it is applied to damp skin and by the next day remove warts with the help of emery board or pumice stone. To get good results, you should use the acid every day for many weeks.
- Doctor use cantharidin to treat your warts. In this treatment, the doctor applies the chemical onto the wart. After application, you will undergo some pain and blistering of the wart in about 3 to 8 hours and after that, a bandage is put over the wart and can be removed after 24 hours.
- Your doctor can use cryotherapy or cryosurgery which uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the wart. Utilizing liquid nitrogen to the wart causes a little discomfort. The liquid nitrogen treatments may be required every 1 to 3 weeks for a total of 2 to 4 times.
- A doctor may treat warts by burning the wart, cutting out the wart or removing the wart with a laser. These are the effective treatment but may devise the scars.
For wart removal, feel free to contact Dr. Meet’s Clinic, we have been providing wart removal treatment for past many years and have experience of removing all types of warts from various body parts.